Thursday, September 10, 2009

bloom


i must admit that i was more than a little apprehensive, more than a little worried about
the to move to the suburbs

it can feel a little isolating...like i'm the only person alive out here*, surrounded only by
empty houses and dark streets
and then my neurotic side starts to kick in and then the hyperventilating begins!

but then i realized that i can make my world the way i wish it to be...i just need to reach out, instead of waiting for what i want to come to me. after all, there must be other people that come back to all those empty houses right?
ok now, deep breaths
in.....
out.....
in....
out....
everything will be ok!
and then i think some more, and i really can't believe how lucky i am to live in such an incredibly beautiful place. i must send out my "thanks" to the cosmos
what did i ever do to be so lucky?
lush green trees, winding wooded trails, open grassy knolls, acres of gardens, miles of paths, glassy lakes, quiet, calm...just what the soul needs (my philosophical side, of course)

i've decided that i need to bloom where i am planted
it's the only thing to do really (my practical side kicks in now)
this means 8 am yoga and meditation everyday..right? riiiigggght...
that being said, flushing queens is only a 25 minute drive away...i will be back soon for my dimsum, laksa, rendang, etc etc...you can't take this girl too far** from her food!

*i am mostly afraid of being all alone... que small sad violins
**that's why we stayed on the east side...close to all my beloved food - can't live without it!

1 comment:

ezclimb said...

I can confirm that being near the homeland foods was a requirement for us.